Customer Care Department
We are proud to provide not only high standards of building, but also an excellent Customer Care Policy, which ensures that any problems encountered are remedied promptly and professionally. Should you have any issues with your new home during the first two years following completion that require our attention, please contact our Customer Care Department.
Once you have reported your issue, we will arrange a mutually convenient appointment to view any items you feel are causing you concern, and organise any works necessary.
If your issue is of an urgent nature, please refer to the information later in this section for details of our emergency out-of-hours cover.
Customer Care Policy
On the day of legal completion, a member of Explore Living staff will have explained the warranties that apply to your home and its fittings. They will have done a final check of your property, and any items still requiring attention will have been recorded on the handover forms. These will then have been signed and sent on to our Customer Care Department. Your copies of the handover forms are kept in the appendices to this manual.
At this time, the utility meters will also have been read, and Explore Living will have notified the relevant utility suppliers of the change of ownership. Please ensure you contact these companies yourself to pass on the base meter readings and meter numbers, taken on the day you moved in. They will calculate your bills from this base reading.
Developer’s Warranty Period
For the first two years after legal completion, Explore Living will repair items that require attention, in line with the NHBC ‘Guide to Your New Home’ booklet.
Our Customer Charter details our commitment to providing you with an exceptional service throughout the buying process:
- We work to set procedures to meet the commitments we have stated in our Customer Charter.
- We train our staff to understand their responsibilities in their dealings with you and what the Customer Charter means for you.
- We give you the detailed pre-contract information you need to make an informed decision about buying the property.
- We seek to ensure that you appoint your own professional legal advisor to carry out the legal formalities of buying the property and to represent your interests.
- We will let you know who to contact at every stage of your purchase; how we will deal with your questions; and any relevant choices and options you can consider.
- We give you health and safety advice to reduce, as far as possible, the risk of danger on the development site during construction and in the use of your home.
- Our marketing and advertising is clear and truthful.
- Our contract-of-sale terms and conditions are clear and fair.
- We make your cancellation rights clear to you.
- We give you reliable information about NHBC’s Buildmark cover and other guarantees and warranties from which you may benefit.
- We explain how we protect your deposit and how we deal with any other pre-payments.
- We give you reliable information about the timing of construction, legal completion and handover of the property.
- Once a completion date is set, we ensure that the transfer of ownership takes place, and the function and facilities of the property are demonstrated to you.
- We inform you clearly about the customer care and emergency cover that we will provide for a certain period after completion.
- We tell you about the procedures for dealing with customer complaints, including the availability of any services that can help resolve complaints.
- We co-operate with appropriately qualified professional advisers you may have appointed.
- We also support and comply with the Consumer Code for Home Builders. The purpose of the Code is to ensure that you are treated fairly, you know what service levels to expect, you are given reliable information, and you know how to access a low-cost dispute resolution if you are dissatisfied. A copy of the Code is enclosed in the back of this manual, and one is also available at any of our Sales Offices. Alternatively, you can download one and find more information at www.consumercodeforhomebuilders.com.
Our Customer Charter commitments do not affect your statutory rights.
Explore Living has arranged emergency assistance cover to provide you with the comfort of knowing that, in the first two years of ownership, emergency assistance is available 24 hours a day.
Explore Living 24-hour Emergency Helpline: 0845 022 0065
The list below details the situations that constitute an emergency.
Please refer to this prior to calling the 24-hour Emergency Helpline.
In the event of an emergency arising between Monday and Friday 8.30am to 5.00pm, please contact our Customer Care Department for assistance on 01322 317542.
Outside of these hours, please contact our out-of-hours Emergency Helpline for attendance to the following emergency situations:
- A water leak that cannot be stopped by the stop tap
- Total lack of hot water or heating, when you cannot wait until the
following day for a repair
- Total lack of electricity that is not caused by the utility company
- Sparking or burning from an electric socket or switch
For further details, please see the leaflet/policy details in your Customer Care manual.
The Explore Living philosophy is simple; your needs are paramount. You deserve exceptional service and a superior product. We are determined to provide nothing less and work hard to deliver our vision. When you move in, we want you to feel that all your needs have been met and all your aspirations fulfilled.
Our Handling of Complaints
Feedback and comments from you could be referred to a number of people, including our technical, construction or sales departments in our organisation dependent on the nature and/or complexity of the matter raised. Please give our Customer Care Department the opportunity to appropriately circulate and deal with your communication.
If you feel we have failed to respond to a service request, or you are not satisfied with the quality of the action resolution, you may feel it necessary to make a formal complaint. In that event please write to our Managing Director at the address given above.
Your complaint will be acknowledged within 3 working days. We will either respond fully within 15 working days, or alternatively advise you of the steps we are taking within 15 working days and give you a date by which we will be able to reply in detail.
If, after having pursued our complaints procedure, you remain dissatisfied, you may wish to escalate the matter to an independent resolution service under the Consumer Code for Homebuilders. You should contact NHBC on 0844 633 1000, who will conduct a review of your complaint and how it has been handled.